job summary: Job Description:
Our client in the Western Suburbs of Chicago is looking to add a Network Engineer to their team.
location: Naperville, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $36 - 39 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Demonstrated proficiency with any and all services and equipment types
- Working with the Test and Turn up team, you will be installing new circuits in a production commercial services environment in accordance with the client's practices. You may be involved in improving and making recommendations to these practices.
- Interact with customers in regards to products and services. Troubleshoot and resolve any issues according to the procedures provided.
- Plan and carry out problem solving with technicians and vendors to ensure effective and efficient implementation of new trunk groups and augments to existing trunk groups.
- Plan and work with team to implement new features, upgrades, hardware, and patches in the production environment with the knowledge of the circuit design, turn up, and test.
- Provide accurate information in the database and know when to escalate issues efficiently.
- Create and update work tickets in the database/ ticketing system.
- Focus efforts so as to maintain service Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) within the client's territorial standards.
- Act as a leader and give guidance to junior level teammates.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Make sure every action taken with internal and external customers are professional and courteous.
- No off-hour or weekends.
qualifications: Desired Skills:
- Strong communication skills
- Customer Service experience
- Ciena CE-A Certification Required
skills: Required Skills:
- 1-3 years of Ethernet implementation/ Networking experience
- Cisco CCNA or Juniper's JNCIA certification are highly preferred
- Carrier Ethernet fundamental knowledge required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.