Java Spring Oracle Web Services Developer
Acts as the highest-level technical expert on the development and implementation of highly complex, large-scale internet and intranet applications on diverse platforms, crossing multiple business lines. Uses expert knowledge of web technologies, including C++, Java, Java Script, HTML, CGI, XML, Perl, ASP, multimedia applications, database modeling tools and/or database interactions. Evaluates systems specifications for client area web site requirements and determines and implements the most efficient and cost-effective software/package solution. Provides leadership in researching and tracking new web technologies, developing service applications, and analyzing business requirements as they pertain to web-based systems. Oversees system quality assurance and consistency with installation and security policy and standards. Provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff.:
Software Engineering and implementation of highly complex internet and intranet applications on one or more diverse platforms. Uses advanced knowledge of web services design and development for middle ware platforms, including J2EE, Java, Java Script, and JSON/XML based web services, working knowledge of JSON and GSON based web services, database interactions via Store Procedure to Oracle or MongoDB.
location: San Leandro, California
job type: Contract
salary: $47.50 - 53.44 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
Evaluates systems specifications for client area web site requirements and determines and implements the most efficient and cost effective software/package solution. Develops service applications, and analyzes business requirements as they pertain to web-based clients (Mobile and Desktop clients). Responsible for system quality assurance and consistency with installation and security policy and standards. May provide direction and guidance to less experienced staff
10+ years web development experience which includes the programming/ development of web applications.
- At least 10+ years of experience in designing/implementing Java/J2EE applications using various open source frameworks.
- At least 5+ years' experience in WEB Services (SOAP and REST) Development , which includes ,Java development with J2EE exposure, XML, Web Services using Spring WS/Spring Boot/Apache CXF/, REST/SOAP, JUnit, TDD practice and Oracle Stored procedures or Mongo DB
- 3 years of experience in JAX-RS or Other framework RESTful services
- At least 3 years hands on experience working with Spring Framework and application servers Tomcat/WebLogic.
skills: - High proficiency with object-oriented analysis and design methodologies, and design patterns
- Experience with Agile software product development
- Proficiency with developing unit test cases using TDD methodology and JUnit, HTTPUnit or JWebUnit , Mockito, PowerMock etc. and functional test cases using DevTest or other frameworks.
- Proficiency with source code management system e.g. GitHub
- Proficiency with IDEs like Eclipse or Intellij, TOAD
- Proficiency with Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with both business and technical partners with good communication skills
- BS or MS in computer science or equivalent experience Helpful
- Experience in production support
- Experience with application builds, deployments and code merges
- Experience with implementing nightly for continuous testing
- Experience in scripting languages e.g. perl, Ant, C-Shell or Korn Shell
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.