Do you have strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in creative and effective manner?
Are you up to date on the latest and greatest technology in the Security space? Are you a hands on manager, and know to set up a Security plan and lead team strategy?
If this sounds like you, we want to know!
Reporting to VP Operations, our client has been guiding clients toward their financial goals for more than four decades.
location: Fairport, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
The IT Security Manager will oversee the operations of the firm's security solutions through management of the organization's security analysts. The IT Security Manager will establish an enterprise security stance through policy, architecture and training processes. Secondary tasks will include the selection of appropriate security solutions, and oversight of any vulnerability audits and assessments.
The IT Security Manager will interface with peers in the Development, Quality Assurance, Production Support, and Network Services departments as well as with the leaders of the business units to both share the corporate security vision with those individuals and to solicit their involvement in achieving higher levels of enterprise security through information sharing and co-operation.
qualifications: Strategy & Planning
- Create and maintain the firm's security architecture design.
- Create, and maintain the firm's security awareness training program.
- Create and maintain the firm's security documents (policies, standards, guidelines and procedures).
- Create and maintain the firm's risk assessment processes.
- Create and maintain the firm's Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan, where appropriate.
skills: Operational Management
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise workstations, servers and other systems and in databases and other data repositories.
- Ensure the enforcement of enterprise security documents.
- Coordinate all internal and external audit activity.
- Supervise all investigations into problematic activity and provide on-going communication with senior management.
- Supervise the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
- Perform regular security awareness training for all employees to ensure consistently high levels of compliance with enterprise security documents.
- Oversee and lead the work of the IT Security Team.
- Coach, mentor, foster teamwork, and develop the IT Security staff, including new employees on boarding
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 2 - 3 years management experience
- Experience in the financial services industry, preferable
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
- Understanding of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, NIST framework, and COBIT framework
- Strong analytical, writing, and problem solving skills
- CISSP perferable
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as required
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.