We are looking for someone who thrives in a small firm and will fit into small environment with a cool, laid back culture!
Our client is launching NestUp Managed Deferrals, an innovative, automated means for both C-suite and rank-and-file employees to improve tax savings and long term investing outcomes by optimizing deferrals into 401(k) and HSA accounts.
The Senior Front-End/ User Interface Software Engineer will develop web-based desktop and mobile user-interfaces for existing and new applications, as well as develop native mobile (iOS, Android) user-interfaces for existing and new applications.
location: Fairport, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Work with back-end software engineers to integrate user-interfaces with existing and developing back-end technologies
- Optimize applications for maximum speed, performance, and usability
- Work with UX team to help drive design of overall mobile and desktop UXs for our client's applications
- Analyze existing front-end technologies and user-interfaces as needed to troubleshoot and fix problems and develop enhancements
- Assist in the development and maintenance of internal mobile Internet standards
- Research new technologies; provide ideas for technical and process improvements
- Development tasks include coding, testing, debugging, documenting, deploying, monitoring, and support. All tasks are performed in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standards
- Provide assistance in the setup and maintenance of the clients software development and deployment environments
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Mobile UX / UI development experience
- iOS (Swift / Objective C) and Android (Java) native development experience a plus
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of Linux environment
- Knowledge of layout aesthetics
- Knowledge of image authoring tools (e.g., Photoshop, Pixelmator)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.