This role is responsible developing, implementing and executing compliance programs to assure compliance with regulatory and internal policies and requirements for data and operations governance and controls. The role is also responsible for issues management, including evaluating issue risk impact, developing corrective action plans, and managing progress, reporting and validation of corrective actions to ensure effective remediation of issues and compliance with policies and procedures. The role is also responsible for supporting controls testing by all lines of defense such as Audit and Governance and Oversight, and execution of policy required activities such as business continuity plan simulations. Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, sound critical thinking, outstanding analytical skills, and solid problem-solving capabilities are required.
location: West Des Moines, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $43 - 47 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Monitor and perform governance and oversight activities to ensure compliance with enterprise data governance and operations controls requirements
- Evaluate issue risk impact and develop corrective action plans for operations or data control gaps, including materiality assessment and impact analysis of data errors or changes, escalation of issues for monitoring and reporting at the enterprise level as needed,
- Manage resolution of data issues at the enterprise level in a complex multi-systems environment, including ensuring timely recording and status reporting of issues or changes that must be recorded
- Support validation of issue corrective actions, including collecting and reviewing remediation evidence.
- Support periodic audit/testing and continuous monitoring of data and operations process and controls
- Support management, update and simulation of business and technology business continuity plans.
- Develop or support development of business requirements for systems development to enhance compliance with data and operations management, governance or reporting requirements.
- Perform or support other operations governance, controls and data integrity tasks of the department to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both;
- or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Knowledge of financial institution balance sheet fundamentals, product offerings, and ALM practices.
- Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase.
- Knowledge of metadata tools such as Ab Initio Metadata Hub.
- Knowledge of data quality analysis tools such as Informatica Data Quality products.
- 5+ years of operational risk management, compliance or internal control work experience that includes 2+ years of data management/analysis experience.
- Undergraduate studies in information systems or computer sciences with 3+ years directly applicable work experience.
- Excellent project management skills, including issues management.
- Superior customer service skills, and ability to work in a team based environment, manage multiple concurrent projects and prioritize tasks.
- Superior critical thinking skills, fast learner and ability to take on new challenges as needed.
- Detail oriented, accurate, organized, excellent judgment.
- Experience with SQL Server, Oracle or similar relational database platforms.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.