Technical Program Manager,
- Google Product Software (Google Product) Mountain View Role description and responsibilities
- Google Product (Advanced Technology and Projects) is a fast-paced, project-focused innovation group.
- Projects are developed and executed at the intersection of ambitious science and an authentic user need.
- Google Product is one of the projects within Google Product.
- In conjunction with Levi's, the team launched a new product category in Sept 2017. You can find more information on Project Google Product by reviewing these materials: Levi's® Commuter with Google Product by Google Levi's® Commuter Jacket with Google Product by Google "I Wore the Jean Jacket of the Future"
- - Wired, Sept, 2017 SXSW 2017:
- Project Google Product announcement at SXSW 2017 Google I/O 2016 Google Google Product Presentation at I/O 2016 Project Google Product update & Levi's announcement at Google I/O 2016 Levi's® Commuter™ x Google Product by Google Trucker Jacket video Project Google Product: "Making the Jacket" video
- The team has embarked on a journey to scale Google Product across multiple brand partners.
- As a Technical Program Manager for Google Product Software team, you will coordinate software development and launch for a variety of partners including our existing consumer partner, Levi's.
- You will work with a cross functional team to ensure that the software teams deliver robust software (combination of firmware, mobile apps and Cloud services) that delights brand partners as well as end users.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $66.66 - 73.62 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
- Create, track and maintain schedules and milestones for various product launches and partner engagements
- Coordinate with stakeholders within the Google Product team (including Product Management, UX, SW, HW, QA, Marketing) to create product launch plans, and to communicate and track dependencies to ensure their timely delivery to meet schedules.
- Coordinate with Google stakeholders outside the Google Product team (e.g. Legal, Privacy & Security working groups, Accessibility, etc.) to plan and execute reviews, approvals and other product launch procedures.
- Coordinate with Business Development and external brand partners to align their product requirements and launch milestones. Monitor execution of the product plan; identify risks, escalate appropriately and drive these to closure.
- Facilitate and drive communication of project status, risks with internal and external stakeholders, including prospective product partners.
- Drive sustaining software releases to support existing products and customers. Identify bottlenecks and drive process improvements to the product development process
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field Experience with Agile Methodologies to drive software development and release
skills: Minimum Qualifications:
- 6+ years in a Technical Program Management role.
- 4+ years in this role specifically driving software delivery for product launch and support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field Experience with Agile Methodologies to drive software development and release
- Ideal candidate has experience software products that integrate / support hardware devices and platforms to deliver products from concept to mass production
- Experience working with third-party development partners and vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.