Enterprise Portal Developer
- Coding, debugging, and supporting efficient and effective applications and tools in Portal development
- Development of Portal application using Java/J2EE, Spring, Struts, Web Services
- Create Design and migration plan for existing portal application onto new Liferay and Portlets version.
- Complete unit testing successfully; assist others with debugging and program logic
- Conduct root cause analysis on all incidents and recommend a corrective action plan
- Ensure timely update to stakeholders
- Ensure quality, compliance with applicable software standards and best practices
- Identify and mitigate risks/issues related to Quality across the SDLC
- Has hands on working experience with Waterfall, Agile, and Iterative methodologies
- Provides accurate & timely reports to stake holders
- Analyzes and profiles data to meet project needs
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
location: Winooski, Vermont
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
PROJECT: New OFE environment migration and Oracle Stack upgrade from 11g to 12c.
- Overall experience of 8+ years in IT experience
- A minimum of 5 years of years of hands on experience designing and development of large Enterprise portal applications.
- Experience in Requirement Analysis, Traceability, impact analysis and reporting
- Strong understanding of portlets, Java Web Services
- Interface development with internal and external systems (SOA, ECM, Web center, IDM etc.).
- Experience in Data analysis and reporting, triage, RCA activities
- Resource will perform detailed application design and author/maintain design and technical documentation
- Prior experience in development methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc), enterprise planning, and estimation,
- Eclipse and Subversion experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communications skills
skills: Portlets, Struts, MVP patterns, Java,J2EE and webservices development.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.