job summary: ABSOLUTELY NO THIRD PARTIES!!!!! GREAT LONG TERM - 3 YEARS - OPPORTUNITY Job Description:
SQL Server is a relational database management system (RDBMS) from Microsoft contributing to approximately 50% of the enterprise RDMBS landscape. SQL Server adds a number of features to standard SQL, including transaction control, exception and error handling, row processing, and declared variables. Being effective as a SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) therefore requires a thorough understanding of SQL Server's advanced capabilities and a corresponding level of technical acumen and sophistication.
The SQL Server Engineer will be responsible for automation of engineering standards and guiding principles to standardize, secure and automate configuration, availability and maintenance procedures across SQL Server RDBMS landscape, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The role includes significant development effort across security and automated administration areas in PowerShell. A successful candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of engineering experience.
location: Frisco, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $53 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8 to 6
- Own and maintain SQL Server security baseline policy across the enterprise.
- Develop automated security remediation capabilities to meet audit and GIS policy requirements.
- Develop automated administration capabilities to support infrastructure administration lifecycle including provisioning, migration, patching, backup / restore, auto-scaling, relocation, etc.
- Own BDA infrastructure used to automate SQL Server administration actions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve BDA automation for SQL Server
- Own post-provisioning and quality assurance scripts to ensure database deployments are compliant with enterprise SQL Server standards.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes to SQL server policies.
Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years MS SQL Server Engineering experience required
- Experience automating SQL Server administration
- Expert knowledge of PowerShell and Perl to automate administration of SQL Server, Windows server, and Active Directory components
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server security domain
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server backup and recovery models
- Expert knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server automation with Ansible
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Knowledge of VMWare and Hyper-V virtualization platforms
skills: Need a team player with very good comm skills.
Also a keen problem solver.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.