A client of ours in San Antonio, Texas is looking for a Help Desk Specialist for a 6 month contract opportunity.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $17 - 20 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Assist end users with Windows 10 troubleshooting
- Monitors open incident queues and follows up with customers and other support personnel as required.
- Meets established standard operating metrics to satisfy departmental service level goals.
- Documents knowledge acquired and technical information into a knowledge base and published forum, for use by other helpdesk personnel, other Information Services' customers, and business customers
- Adheres to established documenting standards.
- Builds strong relationships with business partners, as well as all infrastructure and other support groups including desktop support, desktop operations, server operations, and application support.
- Provides on-site technical support of computing equipment and software to I/S and business customers.
- Provides daily monitoring and reconciliation of incident tickets assigned to the helpdesk queue.
- Performs research and repair activity to ensure computer service for supported locations.
- Maintains the acceptable goals for local helpdesk and virtual helpdesk scorecards.
- Provides knowledge transfer, coaching, and mentoring to technical staff and business customers.
Qualified candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Minimum of five years working knowledge and experience with MS Office products, Windows Operating Systems or direct computing helpdesk activities, including knowledge of a variety of desktop PC equipment, packaged software and operating system software required
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and answer questions in the MS Windows environment, Windows 10, Active Directory, Office Communicator, Lync, and Exchange while providing daily customer contacts for application and technical support associated with other non-MS systems
- Excellent communication skills required to interact with internal and external contacts as well as all levels of management
- must be able to demonstrate knowledge of area's technical language and ability to translate it at an appropriate level, contribute to group tasks that are within established guidelines, ability to prioritize work, ability to determine tasks that are beyond current scope and seek assistance, establish effective working relationships, and ability to attend meetings and contribute when needed.
- MS certification or equivalent and ITIL Certification is preferred
- Experience with a helpdesk ticketing system
- Strong customer service skills supporting end users in a technical phone support role
- Able to hit the ground running
- Solid experience supporting end users in a Tier 1 capacity such as password resets, MS Office 2013 support
- articulate and professional communication skills both verbally and written
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.