We are looking for someone who thrives in a small firm and will fit into small environment with a cool, laid back culture!
Our client is launching NestUp Managed Deferrals, an innovative, automated means for both C-suite and rank-and-file employees to improve tax savings and long term investing outcomes by optimizing deferrals into 401(k) and HSA accounts.
The software engineer will create and implement software solutions including web applications, mobile web applications, and native mobile apps. In addition, the senior software engineer will analyze business and technical requirements and make architectural decisions based on those needs.
location: Fairport, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Utilize Java and related development tools to develop code and data models for web applications, mobile web applications, and native mobile apps
- Work with the software engineering team to drive design and architecture of web applications, mobile web applications and mobile apps
- Coordinate with software engineering team to drive changes and updates to existing Perspective Partners' core technology that will be required to support next-generation web and mobile based applications
- Analyze current technologies, APIs, and libraries as needed to troubleshoot and fix problems and develop enhancements
- Research new technologies; provide ideas for technical or workflow process improvements
- Maintain strong and effective communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with clients and colleagues
- Development tasks include coding, testing, debugging, documenting, deploying, monitoring, and support. All tasks are performed in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standard
- Bachelors degree
- 3 - 5+ years relevant work experience
- Expertise with software development technologies including Java, Spring / Spring Boot, REST, SSO (OAuth / SAML), Maven, NPM, etc.
- Expertise in Object Oriented software engineering
- Experience with Service Oriented architecture
- Experience with relational databases and relational data modeling
- Experience with Secure SDLC
- Knowledge of Linux environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
skills: Applicants for employment must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.