The candidate needs to be capable of presenting analyses and recommendations to leadership and discussing the technical merits of solutions with engineers and architects. The DevOps Lead will also be responsible to manage the programs SDLC, utilizing Scrum methodologies and standard DevOps tools. In addition to leading DevOps engineers assigned to the program.
location: Princeton, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 85 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The CHEF Automation DevOps Lead will be responsible for leading the development of an Automated Deployment Pipeline utilizing CHEF automation/configuration management toolset, as well as Ruby, PowerShell scripts, and custom code solutions. The DevOps Lead is required to contribute to developing the solutions architecture, designing automation templates for infrastructure provisioning, configuration & change management, and developing the detailed technical design.
- Experience writing code for one of the following: Chef / Puppet
- Experience using scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby)
- Experience CHEF Enterprise
- Experience with command execution frameworks
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code approach and toolsets
- Experience with PowerShell script development
- Experience with TFS 2010+, VSTS, or similar ALM tool
- Working knowledge of Azure Services, especially ARM templates
- Experience developing in a software development language
- Experience and knowledge of database technologies, particularly MS SQL
- Experience of firewall, router and network infrastructure device management
- Knowledge of virtualization and its benefits for improving reliability
- Experience with instrumentation, monitoring, alerting, and responding relative to performance and availability of applications
- Familiarity and comfort with tools used in a continuous deployment pipeline
- Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and application, specifically in designing, coding, operating, and supporting high-performance, highly available services and infrastructure
- Experience operating and supporting mission-critical applications (e.g. incident and outage management)
- Experience problem solving issues on globally distributed systems and critical product service environments
- Knowledge of what is possible using latest networking, infrastructure, database, and application technologies to driving automation and reliability improvements
- Understanding of the concepts and principles behind DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Agile, Lean, etc.
- Use of DevOps tools to deliver and operate end-user services a plus (e.g., Chef, New Relic, AlertSite, etc.)
- Operational experience supporting a 99.99% availability a plus
- 10+ years developing software 3 years in a lead position
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.