Sr. Technical Architect (Salesforce)
Experienced Sr. Technical Architect
. The individual will be part of Enterprise Architecture group; responsible for enterprise application portfolio
- supporting the creation of various architecture artifacts to support strategic initiatives, innovation, projects in-flight and ongoing maintenance.
The current architecture is Salesforce, Cloud & SaaS centric.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 85 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: You Will
- Assist enterprise architecture leadership in maturing / promoting EA function within the organization and in the implementation of architecture processes for key projects.
- Support the implementation of design and architecture best practices in digital space for enterprise-level capabilities - applications architecture, integration, information and other supporting technologies.
- Provide the technical leadership, facilitation, analysis and high level architecture & design tasks required for the development of a solution architecture.
- Provide tactical support & guide high-impact projects to assure that these projects are well architected and aligned with enterprise architecture best practices.
- Create deliverables that help develop target-state guidance (current/future state models, gaps, reusable standards, guidelines, project artifacts, sub-system integration design) for evolving the technical platform across the enterprise.
- Participate in key project design reviews as part of the SDLC process to ensure project designs adhere to EA guidelines; escalate issues related to non-compliance and architecture exceptions.
- Create and leverage Enterprise Architecture artifacts (Standards, principles, patterns/approaches) and establish functional designs for projects; enforce synergies and reuse within and across projects.
- Assist in driving digital innovation by leveraging innovative new application technologies and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core technology base and IT estate.
- Investigate and research relevant digital technologies and engage industry vendors/partners to solicit input and build out conceptual models; establish or facilitate the creation of technical proof of concepts (POC) to demonstrate future-state business capabilities.
- Assist with designing the governance, assurance and standards activities associated with ensuring enterprise technology architecture compliance; confirm and validate compliance of solutions with EA principles and design.
- Collaborate with business constituents, other EA team members, project leads/teams (internal and systems integrators) and staff in various IT functional areas as needed to fulfill the responsibilities described above.
qualifications: You Need
- Experience implementing enterprise architecture frameworks (TOGAF and/or others), processes and governance mechanisms
- Experience with application architecture in hybrid environments consisting of SaaS, on premise, and third-party managed services
- Minimum of 8-10 years of design and implementation experience in application development, design or architecture; with deep knowledge following technical disciplines: SaaS solutions, Cloud Architecture, application design & development, architecture patterns, middleware (ESB/ETL), server-less architecture
- Experience and knowledge of Salesforce platform
- Desired Certification: TOGAF, Salesforce, API Integration suites, .NET, Java, AWS or Azure (application development tracks), ERP, CRM
skills: You Are:
- Someone who has worked on a wide range of enterprise application projects (architecture, design & integration); SaaS, On-premise, COTS and custom applications (e.g. CRM, ERP, HRIS, Web, Custom applications)
- An individual contributor with significant expertise in application architecture, road mapping, design patterns, microservices / SOA approaches, API middleware (e.g. Mulesoft, Apigee
- Experienced in contributing to enterprise architecture practice & processes (e.g. TOGAF), establishing and validating architecture / design recommendations that may have high to significant financial technical and business impact.
- A junior to mid-career level architect with latitude to make independent decisions of low to medium impact (financial, technical & business).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.