Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented MEAN Stack Developer to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Downey area.
This individual contributor is primarily responsible for leveraging DevOps and Agile practices using the MEAN stack to translate business requirements and functional specifications into software solutions, contributing to and leveraging the technical direction for the development of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions, and for providing consultation to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed to meet industry standards. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
location: Downey, California
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 67 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Leverage DEVOPS and Agile practices to design, develop, and deliver resilient, secure, multi-channel, high-volume, high-transaction, on/off-premise, cloud-based solutions using the MEAN stack
- Ensure new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures
- Identify specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures, and functions to support technical solutions while incorporating architectural designs
- Collaborate cross-functionally to make effective business decisions; solve complex problems; escalate high priority issues or risks, as appropriate; and recognize and capitalize on improvement opportunities
- Participate in backlog grooming, defining requirements, programming, unit testing and debugging of applications in a collaborative environment
- Develop and execute unit testing to identify application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional specifications
- Participate in design and code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration and delivery
- Create, review and revise technical specifications and documentation
- Expected deliverables include but are not limited to requirements analysis, system analysis, system design and documentation, data models, program design, source code development, test case development, testing, implementation and support
- Perform day to day work solving complex problems in multiple domains with little to no supervision
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field or five (5) years of experience in a directly related field required
- Minimum three (3) years of progressive development experience in Angular, Express, Node.js
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Experience using Jira, GitHub, Jenkins, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha/Chai/Sinon
- 3 - 5 years hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge as a strong MEAN Stack Developer
- Experience with TDD, BDD, KISS, SOLID using Karma/Jasmine and Mocha/Chai/Sinon
- Experience with MIcroservices approaches
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using Jenkins / UrbanCode
- Experience using code coverage / code quality analysis tools (Istanbul, SonarQube)
- Experience using GitHub and Jira
- Experience using Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience with NginX
- Ability to work on a large scrum product with multiple sprint teams
- Experience in cloud architecture
- Experience practicing DevOps
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Independent self-starter as well as a team player
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.