Our client, an industry leading marketing firm that is growing rapidly is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join the team of distributed systems engineers. They work to create highly-scalable and micro-services that handle terabytes of data and analytics that feed into beautifully designed data visualizations.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
You will be responsible for architecting, implementing and testing new and existing systems that power our flagship product and help humanize the way content marketers interact with customers. Most importantly, your leadership as a senior and experienced member of the team will become an example for others to follow, and you will help shape and define our engineering practices and craftsmanship.
- Level up velocity, quality, and user experience by helping improve the patterns and practices of the front-end development
- Collaborate with engineers on your team, on other development teams, and on the Product and design teams
- Refactor and re-architect existing code to comply with modern practices and tools
- Experience with Microservices.
- 1+ year of professional experience with React, and at least one year with Redux or some similar state management library.
- You have professional experience with tools for testing, compiling, building, and managing JS web applications, such as Mocha, Karma, npm, webpack, Babel, UglifyJS, etc.
- You have professional experience working on a large web app with extensive CSS, and with at least one CSS preprocessor such as Sass, Less, or Stylus
- You are proactive. When you see something that can be fixed, improved, or optimized, you don't wait for someone else to do it.
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.