Our Dallas based client is on the cutting edge of technology based learning programs. They work with educational programs across the World to help children of all ages learn. They are looking for a sharp, C++ Software Engineer Generalist to add to their team. If you would like to be part of this organization and think you are a good fit, please apply today!
location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for developing and maintaining our client's C++ codebase, including algorithms and general development. In addition, this person will be responsible for extending and evolving their existing architecture, creating new solutions for new products, and working closely with teams responsible for various aspects of their platforms. The engineering role will work closely with teams responsible for various aspects of their platform to include Developers, QA and Operations folks to ensure good quality automation is implemented on application and database migration process. A successful engineer will look to establish good working relationships that support the product development cycle for any required changes to the build and release processes required to get a product released into test and production environments.
- Solid experience with code base C/C++
- Must have RTOS experience and be comfortable with mutexes and semaphores
- 5 to 7 minimum years of broad range of experience
- Good understanding of algorithms
- Ability to get up to speed in quickly with existing architecture infrastructure
- Able to work independently
- Able to work with and collaborate well with other teams
skills: Key Competencies:
- Attention to detail and strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage several projects and tasks independently and simultaneously
- Ability to think analytically about impacts of operational business costs
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities
- Ability to problem-solve with minimal supervision
- Aptitude for high-level efficiency
- High achiever with a proven track record of success with a strong work ethic and self-discipline
- Strong listening skills with the ability to diagnose issues and provide Istation solutions
- Ability to learn independently, conduct research, synthesize and apply information from a variety of resources
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to handle multiple tasks or projects with follow-through
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, work with and within multiple teams, varied personalities and tolerate stress
- Strong digital skills and aptitude; proficiency with computers and basic applications software including Concur, Microsoft Office and Google Mail.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.