Desktop Support Technicians are the first point of contact for our 24/7/365 customer service call center and will be required to collect and record detailed information concerning technical issues. This position is responsible for troubleshooting and resolution of hardware and software issues related to our applications in accordance with client SLA's. Using various tools and excellent communication skills, the successful candidate must provide courteous and effective support to our customers.
Candidate will work in a dynamic environment with innovative hardware and software technologies. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within and by providing assistance and expertise to our project teams.
This position deals with multiple aspects of the Information Technology field from administering and maintaining systems locally and remotely to deploying SQL stored procedures and running SQL queries for researching.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $23 - 24 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Keep record of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, troubleshooting steps within ticketing system
- Contact customers in order to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results and any planned adjustments
- Act as the company gatekeeper
- Work with Management to ensure proper customer service is being delivered
- Perform software installations, updates, and/or roll backs based on provided work instructions
- Escalate issues to necessary development teams if initial diagnosis warrants
- Participate in client demo's via recorded and or live sessions
- Work with Scrum Masters on product features
- Execute SQL scripts, pull data logs, create/execute simple SQL queries based on relational database.
- Pull log files and select statements in order to build a complete story of what happened; effectively communicate those findings to senior management and or development teams
- Analyze transitional history to organize a listing of historical events
- Support customers during testing of installed software and or hardware
- Identify/escalate trends on performance from both a device and system level
- Perform root cause analysis by showcasing a methodical approach
- Ability to assist customer with system configurations
- Assist customers on transitional analysis where transaction logs are provided
- Provide data to proactively drive technical solutions
- Participate in the initial setup and testing of the customer solution prior to delivery; own and lead the commissioning both of software and hardware components
- Assist development teams as needed to test solutions
- Run SQL scripts to perform transactional research for clients
- Ability to work non-standard shift hours in order to resolve high priority customer issues
- Creation of knowledge base articles within ticketing system
- Successful candidate will possess 1-2 years of basic SQL queries up to and including strong understanding of relational database and select query statements.
- Build and maintain SQL statements relative to relational database
- Experience with CRUD, joins, groups by's, etc
- Ability to evaluate server performance relative to running processes to assist in root cause analysis
- Understanding how to interpret XML and JSON
- Basic network troubleshooting and connectivity
- Use logic, critical thinking and effective reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Exposure to system administration i.e. Windows Server; NAS
- Exposure to Infrastructure networking, PC's and platform operating systems
- Working technical knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 & 2012, IIS and Web Components
- Exposure to VMware products
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Adaptability, flexibility and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written customer service skills
- Ability to successfully pass SQL test as part of pre-employment screening during onsite interview
- Familiarity with FTP sites and VPN
- Participate in on the job training as well as continuing education coursework
- Majority of time will be spent in a call center environment
- Must be able to sit and use computer and phone equipment for long periods
- Must be able to be on call
- Must tolerate stressful customer service situations gracefully
- Flexible with working remote as needed for projects/implementation as well as participation in an on-call rotation.
- Must be flexible with working hours and have ability to work varying shift schedules / including nights, weekends & holidays
- Must have access to the internet at home, with minimum speeds of 5mbs up/down.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.