We are in need of a Ecommerce Architect for Hoboken, NJ.
This role will be responsible for working across multiple teams of application developers as a principal architectural contributor responsible for solution architecture, road mapping and patterns across eCommerce platforms. This role will be required to drive technology change when appropriate. This role will work as the principal technical implementation stakeholder for current and future eCommerce platforms and will collaborate with integration/data architects, product managers, application developers and managers to ensure technical vision is appropriately outlined, documented, socialized, mapped and implemented. Essential Duties:
- Uses their creativity and knowledge to define and mature architectural roadmaps and implementations for eCommerce platforms such as SalesForce Commerce Cloud [formerly DemandWare]/SFCC/DW, WebSphere Commerce/WCS, ATG
- Responsible for balancing and solving product design, development and data needs.
- Provides decisive and effective technical leadership across teams of seasoned developers and architects; along with the ability
- Ability to work within a geographically distributed team comprised of a combination of employees and contractors with both an onshore and offshore component
- Experience with estimation best practices and software development lifecycle management
- Role will often be involved at certain phases of the project lifecycle from intake to delivery and will be considered one of the team members that has key input into a solution that is well-architected, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule
- Demonstrate technical leadership abilities to our brands with the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on release schedules
- Helps coordinate release and sprint planning with developers and other stakeholders
- Prior experience as an individual developer where the focus was on designing and building advanced software solutions that scale across hundreds of servers and meet aggressive fault tolerance standards
- Ability to work with other Information Technology teams to implement system improvements and standardization .
- Responsible for keeping pace with new releases for purchased applications including patch releases.
- Responsible for researching new technologies to optimize the current solutions and to make them sustainable for the future, applying in-house standards and market best practices
- Ability to set, measure, maintain/improve and enforce standards
- Familiarity with DevOps practices
· Bachelor's degree in relevant fields (Computer Science, Engineering) Work Experience Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience in various application development / architecture roles
- Experience working using Agile methodology and in fast paced environment
- At least 8 years' experience developing/architecting solutions on large eCommerce platforms such as: WebSphere Commerce, Demandware, ATG, Hybris or similar in both B2C and B2B
- Experience designing and implementing headless commerce utilizing RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge of web application development using enterprise grade technologies and frameworks.
- Strong familiarity with emerging presentation layer frameworks and patterns such ReactJS
- Strong familiarity with emerging cloud and web technologies
- Strong familiarity using GIT for source code management is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management and performance tuning utilized to result in elegant and fast-loading web experiences.
- Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced environment, and manage workload prioritization to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills with the ability to handle conflict and to work with a distributed team.
- Ability to create business requirements documentation as needed
- Ability to convert business requirements into detailed system design and technical specifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and quickly acquire proficiency with new skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively. This position requires courteous and professional communication with customers, co-workers, and management, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to establish effective, professional working relationships with co-workers.
- Commitment to quality and operational excellence.
- Strong attention to detail.
location: Hoboken, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
Meet with team and management to discuss vision and create headless commerce roadmap.
Must have headless commerce experience, preferably elasticpath.
Confident in your skillset and abilities
Able to lead the team based on your headless commerce experience.
skills: Headless Commerce
Strong attention to detail
Good communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.