job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst for a permanent opportunity located in Folsom, CA. SUMMARY
This position will be required to understand complex data and how to best analyze this data to represent information to stakeholders. The use of business intelligence tools and modern data mining solutions will be required to create interactive meaningful dashboards and summary reports to support decision making and provide additional insight and support for the Organization. The Sr. Business Analyst will also assist in the maintenance of the financial and operational reporting data mart that combines and normalizes data from multiple disparate sources into multiple "system of record quality" data views for use in the enterprise reporting and analysis.
location: Folsom, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and deliver channel reporting and analysis to include Power BI dashboards, for the organization that tracks performance and supports strategy development decisions.
- Collaborate with and assist the data warehouse administrators to manage the technical and business aspects of data storage and retrieval for use in Power BI.
- Using a variety of software applications to query, build, analyze, validate and draw conclusions from large amounts of transaction and member data.
- Work closely with product managers, web services, marketing, and IT groups, to develop a channel analytics environment that ensures results are easily accessible and interpreted to satisfy business requirements.
- Work with channel leadership to develop and maintain metrics and value models aimed at evaluating execution of channel initiatives and success of channel strategy.
- Provide training and guidance on how best to leverage business intelligence (BI) tools.
- Ability to understand relational data structure and collaborate with non-technical staff to analyze needs and communicate system capabilities.
- Provide analytic support and reporting for enterprise-level business plan initiatives and/or projects.
- Develop, prepare and deliver written and verbal analysis and other relevant documentation, including tables, graphs and dashboards, in an effort to communicate issues, insights, recommended actions and decision points for management and/or other key channel team members.
- Respond to requests from throughout the organization for non-routine analysis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
qualifications: EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting, Finance, IT, Business Management or Math and a minimum of 4 years of related experience.
skills: OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced Excel, PowerPivot, and PowerQuery software skills required.
- Experience with complex SQL joins, groups, views and other relational database concepts.
- Superior analytical skills required.
- Ability to quickly learn financial software applications.
- Microsoft Power BI, ETL, star schema, tabular data modeling experience a plus.
- Intermediate data visualization software skills using a BI tool a plus.
- Query, cleanse, manipulate, and aggregate data from a data warehouse a plus.
- Develops procedures, processes and routines that ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Appropriately handles sensitive and confidential information.
- Comfortable interacting with multiple levels in the organization.
- Ability to act autonomously while being a team player.
- Flexible and adaptable to high paced work environment.
- Self-motivated and positive attitude are a must.
- Financial institution experience is a plus.
- CPA and/or MBA a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.