A Lead DevOps engineer handles suites of large applications or software at a business to make sure they are working together properly. Additionally, this person must come up with the overall vision an application will fulfill, and then work with other information technology team members to execute a plan that turns that idea into a reality.
A Lead DevOp engineer has a strong understanding of coding concepts. Furthermore, this individual has a well-developed business sense and can understand how a particular solution fits into the overall needs a company has.
This role will be within the Digital Customer Experience Journey.
location: Dublin, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $62 - 66 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Analysis, Design of CenturyLink Digital Experience environments playing a vital role in the design of production, staging, QA and development Cloud Infrastructures running in 24x7 environments.
- Analyze system requirement and ensures that systems will be securely integrated with current applications.
- Identify and address system performance bottlenecks in high availability environments.
- Work collaboratively with the development and tech teams to develop, document, and maintain build, deployment and configuration standards
- Delivery of Digital Customer Experience Platform shared services, aligned with CenturyLink business objectives.
- Develop automated approaches to streamline operations and processes
- Manage tasks across multiple simultaneous shared services features and platform.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology
- 10 or more years of IT and Software experience.
- Minimum of 3-year experience as a Lead Engineer
- Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and interfacing to global delivery teams
- Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with teams.
- Strong service attitude and a commitment to quality.
skills: - Strong understanding across Cloud Container and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, applications and docker) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Knowledge of further Cloud technologies (Azure, S3, VMware)
- 4+ years' experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect, with focus on cloud, server, storage and networking.
- 10+ years' experience in handling Software development lifecycle projects
- Hands-on experience with software development (Java, Node JS, Angular).
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Understands and can articulate the technical merits and value of Digital User experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.