Randstad Technologies is looking for a dynamic Business Data Analyst to join one of our largest clients in the Parsippany, NJ area.
As a Business Analyst, you will be supporting the Hyperion Project Implementation project, team members, and leadership for the purposes of leading the financial data conversion and validation strategies for the project.
location: Parsippany, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $30.50 - 42.26 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
A successful candidate will be able to analyze data while understanding the needs of finance and accounting managers, from a data conversion, reconciliation and data validation perspective.
Sr Business Analyst - Financial Data Lead will leverage existing financial systems and database tools to provide clear actionable data validation and data conversion strategies.
The Sr Business Analyst - Financial Data Lead will have strong data analysis skills, advanced Excel skills, and exhibit strong creative and problem-solving skills, and collaborative abilities.
This position requires proficiency in data analysis, knowledge of financial systems, as well as strong analytics aptitude and the ease/ability to communicate with project leadership and senior management as applicable.
The Sr Business Analyst - Financial Data Lead, will play an active role in the problem-solving aspect of engagements, and complete project tasks within scope and budget in accordance to KPI's.
- Assist in creation of data conversion, mapping and data validation strategies and approach. Develop and maintain project deliverables, including but not limited to data conversion and mapping tables and data validation reports. Knowledge of data conversion and mapping tools is required.
- Develop customized data validation analytical reports and spreadsheets for comparison from legacy financial system to new financial applications. Create complex multi-dimensional data validation spreadsheets to validate mutliple sources of data against one another. Assist with troubleshooting data conversion, mapping & validation out of balance items.
- Provide analytical insight of monthly financial results comparatively between systems. Be proficient with multiple financial systems overall architecture to adequately navigate analytical activities.
- Collaborate with internal staff to identify & remedy reconciliation issues for Income Statement and Balance Sheet. Advance knowledge of accounting and finance data is required for the purposes of troubleshooting out of balance items.
- Assist with due diligence and financial data testing, validation and sign off for all data strategies/tracks.
- Create and lead the efforts for company financial audit, evidence and sign off compliance materials regarding data validation and testing.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Finance or Business, or similar
- Experience with building functional, data driven spreadsheets/reports for data conversion, mapping & data validations for real-time testing
- 4 years' experience in an analytical capacity building financial reporting & spreadsheets
- Detail oriented with strong quantitative skills and strong knowledge of financial analysis and data validation techniques
- Provide data, analyses, modeling, and reporting to support financial data reviews and sign -offs Analyze trends and variances to goals and communicate to managers.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel Guru, including building and modifying complex pivot tables and macros for reporting
- Highly motivated, self-starter who manages projects end-to-end and has a demonstrated track record of getting results, organizing and prioritizing deadlines
- Experience in aggregating and integrating data points for functional analysis within financial reporting
- Commitment to work in a team-based environment and acceptance of multi-directional feedback
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement and solve problems while collaborating with stakeholders on their needs
- Aptitude for system automations and streamlining processes
- Team-oriented and positive attitude supporting monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Support ad-hoc data analysis requests
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Hyperion FDMEE, HFM & Planning financial systems
- Experience managing finance systems related projects
- Experience in Retail and/or Consumer Product Goods
- Experience managing projects that included several complex integrations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.