job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Software Engineer for a 6+ month contract to hire opportunity located in Roseville, CA. Entry-Level Full-Stack Developer
Full-stack Web Development for a legacy Ruby on Rails application for an inventory management software.
location: Roseville, California
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 38 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The following is a list of the major duties and responsibilities for this position along with certain supportive duties. It is not all-inclusive. Other Duties and responsibilities may be added as needed.
- Experience using Linux and/or Mac OS X CLI to perform various tasks.
- Code, test, and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs.
- Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored, or accessed.
- Full lifecycle application development.
- Designing, coding, and debugging applications in various software languages
- Software testing and quality assurance.
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
- Integrate software with existing systems.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in overall project management by prioritizing, planning, and tracking project progress.
- Designs, develops, and modifies programs, including prototypes.
- Researches product development options and provides analysis for product direction.
- Consults with internal departments to identify needs and include into project objectives. Provides support regarding product development to internal departments.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (non-Ruby is acceptable), HTML, JS, CSS, MySQL.
- Experience using Git or other code versioning tools.
- Experience using Linux (Ubuntu) CLI to stop/start services, edit configuration files, examine logs to help troubleshoot and diagnose issues.
- Willingness to champion new ideas.
- Loves to learn/explore software development practices.
- Strong testing ethic
- Work with top of the line Apple hardware.
- Adept at reading and writing; uses professional business grammar and transmits a friendly, courteous, and professional demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills (e.g., listening, writing, speaking, etc.) and interpersonal skills; including the ability to communicate confidently and effectively over the phone or in person.
- Keeps written and verbal communications clear and straightforward; explains technical terms when these must be used.
- Uses common sense to fulfill job requirements and carry out instructions; capable of dealing with problems involving several variables; must pay attention to detail.
- Strong troubleshooting, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to make quick and supportable decisions.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn and accept unfamiliar challenges.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and meet stringent deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Analytical & Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to think objectively and interpret quantitative and qualitative data.
Planning & Priority Setting
- Ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Position is in an office and occasional warehouse environments.
- Majority of time is spent sitting.
- May be required to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Employee must adhere to all safety regulations and company policies and procedures.
skills: EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience.
- 1 -3 years of experience developing association software; or
- 4 years of experience developing other software with project management experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.