Sr. SAP ABAP Programmer Analyst
job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Sr. SAP ABAP Programmer Analyst for a permanent opportunity located in Modesto, CA.
Reporting to the ERP Project Manager, you will provide technical leadership and expertise to subordinates and peers on SAP S/4 HANA related design and development across different modules such as Finance, Source to Pay, Order to Cash and Supply Chain Management using SAP ABAP and object oriented programming concepts. You will be working to develop and maintain customization objects (RICEFW) during the implementation of S/4 HANA and post go-live in steady state. Using best practices in HANA development and latest tools and methods, you and your teammates will deliver solutions that delight our customers and provide a competitive advantage.
location: Modesto, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $93,000 - 104,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: What You Will Do HANA
Teamwork and Innovation:
- Design and implement Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Extensions, Forms, Workflow (RICEFW)
- Perform analysis, design, coding, testing, and implementation of SAP development projects and tasks to support enablement of key client-specific business processes
- Demonstrated experience with the creation of RFC, BAPI, BADI, ABAP code, user exits and ABAP objects, stored procedures and functions
- Provide design and development expertise across multiple customer engagements for all SAP modules (SD, MM, PP, QM, PM, and FICO)
- Develop and maintain technical unit and integrated test scenarios as well as regression testing
- Maintain source control, version control, and defect tracking systems
- Ability to coordinate with offshore teams and manage handoffs with an onsite / offshore model
- Collaborate, facilitate, and participate in your department and cross-functional project teams
- Thought Leader with the ability to be a strong role model in times of change
- Works with BRMs to drive continuous improvements to processes and technology
- Estimates effort, resource requirements and timelines for technical enhancements and projects
qualifications: What You Need
- High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate
- Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of experience in programming analysis, software engineering, or software development reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or 7 years of experience in programming analysis, or software engineering, or software development reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience with software installation, configuration and upgrades
- Strong technical, oral/written communication and analysis/documentation skills
skills: What Will Set You Apart
- Master's degree in Computer Science or MIS, plus 5 years of experience in, programming analysis, software engineering, or software development reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- 6+ years of strong experience developing ABAP and Object-Oriented ABAP applications on an SAP NetWeaver platform
- Ability to provide forward looking scalable solutions and best practices in line with SAP product roadmap
- Experience in Business Rules Framework
- Experience in Fiori / SAP Gateway and UI5 development
- Experience with integrating with SAP PO / PI
- Good understanding of mapping technical requirements to SAP business process, with deep understanding of technical implementation with one of the business processes e.g. Logistics or Order to Cash
- Good interpersonal skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.