The Electrical Test Engineer designs, fabricates, tests, implements and modifies electronic components, products and or systems for use in off-highway vehicle electrical equipment and devices.
location: Wichita, Kansas
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Develops system specifications, designs, modifies, and evaluates electronic/electrical apparatus, components, or circuitry for use in electrical system for off-highway equipment and devices.
- Designs, fabricates, develops and supports tests, implements and modifies electronic/electrical components, products and systems
- Coordinates designs, layouts and drawing activities, and develops, supports tests, and implements engineering change orders (ECOs) for design release and revisions.
- Establishes test procedures and systems for validation and inspection of electronic/electrical components and systems.
- May confer with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products. Interfaces with software engineering, test engineering and other core engineering groups to facilitate smooth launch of new product.
- Evaluates operating metrics and develops new vehicle features, mechatronic systems and controls.
- Incorporates engineering standards, methodologies, and global product development processes into daily work tasks. Participates in design reviews, Safety Analysis, and DFMEAs.
- Travels, as necessary, to plants, supplier facilities, product evaluation, and customer field sites to resolve problems, explore design alternatives and provide information
- Support customer service, training, and technical writers in electrical system and component operation, service, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Participates in problem solving brainstorming sessions as part of the System Architecture team to resolve issues on the existing product lines generating 7-step analysis reports using Six Sigma methodology.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with emphasis in electrical disciplines or equivalent (Mechatronics).
- 3 plus years of experience in electrical/electronic system development and experience with evaluation tools such as: DMM, Oscilloscope, and related tools
- Strong knowledge of J1939 or equivalent CANbus topology and tools
- Wiring Schematics
- Control System Architecture
- Application Software tools and methods-- MATLAB/Simulink, C++
skills: The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience with Creo and TeamCenter CAD tools and data management
- Experience with VeSys Capital CAD tools
- Experience with collaboration tools (MS Sharepoint)
- Proficient with standard tools provided by the Vector Tool Chain (CANalyzer, CANoe, CANdella, P-CAN)
- Experience with Electro-Hydraulic controls systems or architectures
- Hands-on experience with construction, agricultural, or other related off-highway equipment
- Knowledge of ISO13849 and ISO25119 standards
- Formal system development processes skills -- experience with phase-gate development cycle from concept to release
- Familiar with hardware component development life cycle
- Experience troubleshooting vehicle systems and software
- Able to work under minimal supervision with tight deadlines and under pressure, but has the ability to recognize issues that need to be escalated
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must have at least intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office products -- Excel, Powerpoint, Access -- and PDF editor
- Familiar with structured software programming
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.