job summary: Embedded Engineer needed in Monroeville for 1 year contract!
In this role, you will successfully engage with cross-functional teams of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers in the discovery, adaptation and integration of new and existing technologies to create innovative and reliable new product designs for the Home Respiratory Care ventilation product line.
Provide technical expertise in the design and development of embedded software systems using C/C++ using both empirical and analytical methods. Experience with controls systems or privacy/security/data encryption is a plus.
Be responsible for the generation of software requirements, design, and test documentation.
location: Monroeville, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
Participate in design reviews and successfully interact with New Product Development, Clinical, Regulatory, V&V, and Marketing to achieve project and product objectives for safety, performance, reliability, cost, quality, and time to market.
More than 5 years professional experience. Education
: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
skills: Position Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience with embedded C/C++.
- Demonstrated experience with creating new concepts, demonstrating feasibility, completing development, documentation, validation, and release of software features for new products, required.
- Demonstrated experience with modeling, simulation, and analyzing algorithm performance using MATLAB, is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with embedded RTOS is a plus.
- Experience with embedded Linux is preferred.
- Direct experience with FDA, MDD/MDR, & ISO Quality System Requirements (including safety and regulatory testing) and their application within a medical product development environment is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.