job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Senior Data Architect for a permanent opportunity located in Folsom, CA. SUMMARY
The Senior Data Architect (SDA) is responsible for the movement, enhancement, integration, quality, and availability of data throughout the enterprise. The SDA will provide expertise around enterprise data, data warehousing including business intelligence, master data management, data governance, data strategy, innovation, and efficiency. The SDA will be a key contributor to the development and execution of a strategic roadmap associated with the enterprise data landscape and data environments. The SDA must have the ability to balance short-term versus long-term actions and strategic versus tactical requirements, while continuing to move forward toward the strategic vision.?
The SDA will lead the development of standards for naming conventions, governing, managing, modeling, storing, cleansing, transforming, mapping, searching, and delivering all data across the enterprise.
This position will collaborate with Finance, IT Management, Senior IT Architects and strategic and operational business partners to drive technology selection and process decisions for enterprise data management.
location: Folsom, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Lead design, development and delivery of the data architecture for complex software solutions across the development life cycle, using database and systems expertise.
- Work with staff and customers to understand the business requirements and business processes, design data warehouse ("DW") schema, and develop extract-translate-load ("ETL") processes for DW.
- Develop effective data architecture solutions that not only satisfy immediate project requirements but also deliver a coherent, reliable, and phased architecture to help the platform grow and change while aligning to our strategic vision.
- Responsible for establishing and defining technical standards and guidelines around data architecture including the documentation of data sources and data movement throughout the enterprise. The SDA will be part of the Technology Review Board.
- Responsible for administration of a Data Dictionary tool to ensure standardization of data elements and provide details about their meanings, relationships and allowable values.
- Work with management and business leadership to discover, facilitate discussion, and introduce new ideas, technologies, data usage, etc. to the business, resulting in new product ideas and influencing software development activities.
- Provide expertise in establishing analytic environments required for structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
- Work with leadership to implement data cubes leveraging various data sources throughout the enterprise.
- Establish standards for enterprise data architecture and data management for new and current data sources and data analytics systems.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Advanced experience with SQL within the Microsoft Data Stack (Power BI, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Master Data Services
- Extensive expertise in Oracle database also experience with Mongo DB preferred
- Proven experience with Data Warehouse and BI systems; extensive experience collecting business requirements from customers, and transforming the requirements into data processes and data schemas.
- Experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, normalized and de-normalized models; handling "slow-changing" dimensions/attributes a plus.
- Experience in and an understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, information security, etc.)
- Extensive experience providing technical direction on information and analytics platforms in conjunction with DW tools and technologies.
- Experience as a practitioner of architecture principles with influential ability to lead an organization through transformation.
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and visual presentation skills.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas.
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or related field from a four-year college or university, and 10+ years of related work experience. Experience with Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics, Machine Learning, or Computer Science a plus.
- Extensive experience in database design, data modeling, data warehousing, data lakes, ETL and data cubes
- Hands-on database programming experience
- DBA experience preferred
- SalesForce experience preferred
- Big Data and No SQL experience preferred
- Working experience with project management, ITIL, and Agile methodologies.
- Financial institution experience preferred
skills: OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal and external clients.
Ability to manage multiple deliverables in a highly energized and fast-paced environment within a framework of constantly shifting deadlines and deliverables
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.