Randstad has an immediate need for a Senior Cognos Engineer with a large financial services company located in Coppell, Texas.
location: Coppell, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Providing technical and operational support for our customer base as well as other technical areas within the company that utilize our tools
- 24x7 on-call L3 support on a rotational schedule with other team members
- Working on engineering focused projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Participate in user training to increase awareness of Cognos
- Risk management functions such as reconciliation of vulnerabilities, security baselines as well as other risk and audit related objectives
- Administrative functions for our tools such as keeping the tool documentation current and handling service requests
- Ensuring incident, problem and change tickets are addressed in a timely fashion, as well as escalating technical and managerial issues
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals
- Develop advanced Cognos reports to meet requirements of key stakeholders.
- Moderate to advanced competency of Windows and Unix-like operating system principles (power user functions)
- Stong knowledge of engineering, configuring, deploying and supporting Cognos Enterprise
- Should have a developed competency with Cognos in a production environment
- 3-5 years' experience of Cognos engineering/support in a production environment. This includes all phases of life-cycle management: planning, design, deployment, upkeep and retirement
- Minimum of five (5) years of related BI Engineering work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.