Randstad has an immediate need for a Infrastructure Services Architect (AWS Data Analytics Infrastructure Architect) with a large financial services company located in Coppell, Texas. AWS Infrastructure (Solutions) Architect with extensive experience in AWS Cloud Big Data Solutions. The Cloud Infrastructure Architect role will focus on architecture, design, and implementation of Big Data Analytics Solutions and Infrastructure in AWS Cloud. The Infrastructure Architect will be the point person for primarily Big Data environment (EMR, Hadoop, Spark, Presto and Athena). The person will define and architect Big Data solutions and related services, and coordinate operational design, develop and provide support for applications.
location: Coppell, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Support AWS Big Data ecosystem for large scale user base
- Act as a liaison with other architects (security, Development, data, etc.) and with delivery teams working primarily within an Agile (Scrum) methodology.
- Establish the appropriate monitoring and alerting of solution events related to performance, scalability, availability, and reliability.
- At the Enterprise Level, contribute to cloud strategy discussions and decisions on overall Cloud design and best approach for implementing cloud solutions.
- Available on call support for Production issues.
- Build prototypes for demonstration and illustration purposes for peer groups, Business partners, or senior leaders.
- Monitor environment for usage and performance metrics.
- Establishes relationships with IT/AD leaders, architects, and technical specialists.
- Actively participate as an AWS technical SME on teams to help promote the development of Cloud solutions
- Establish standards, guidance and best practices for AWS Big Data Solutions (EMR, Hadoop, Spark, Presto and Athena).
- Provides technical leadership, guidance and direction to other team members
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction through the implementation, investigation, analysis, training and relationship building efforts.
- Work closely with application developers, architects and infrastructure engineers to deliver good quality and resilient solution in a team-oriented environment.
- Must-have: Minimum of 2 years' strong AWS cloud development (Big Data technologies)
- Minimum of 5-7 years' experience in the design, implementation and support of distributed applications
- Strong hands on experience on AWS Big Data Solutions (Hadoop, EMR, Athena, Presto, Hive, Spark, Python) and related technologies
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.