Sr. Interaction Designer
The broader User Experience and Design team is responsible for software design across mobile, web and desktop platforms. We are a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, prototypers and researchers. We work with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class software experiences for our users.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The team is responsible for:
- Facilitate collaborative design sessions including sketching and ideation.
- Lead design reviews and drive decisions.
- Effectively "sell" design solutions to partners through design storytelling and by demonstrating trace-ability in the design thinking.
- Represent the design team brand, and deliver a consistent design process to partners.
- Understand great designs are achieved iteratively.
- Visualize ideas in a clear form (sketch, diagram, wireframe or prototype) and provide appropriate level documentation.
Why your work matters:
- You will support an engaged set of users
- You will learn how balance functionality against complexity on platforms that server our client teams
- You will work with an engaged design team that fosters a learning environment.
What you have:
- 6 + years of rich interaction design focused on digital products
- 1+ year of interaction design experience for touch-based mobile interfaces is a plus
- An online portfolio demonstrating interaction design process and thinking
skills: - Experienced with all aspects of a user-centered interaction design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes, conducting usability tests and creating annotated design specifications
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an iterative process and an Agile development methodology
- Strong self-management skills, comfortable with substantial responsibility, working directly with our client partners
- Capable of creating and managing your design project schedules
- Proficient in design tools like Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure
- Experience running design sessions with cross-functional teams
- Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.