Looking for an embedded software engineer to work with best in class products.
You'll collaborate on the electrical schematic/architecture and be the driver of the firmware. This is a high-impact role for an experienced firmware engineer to be part of the team defining a new product category that will improve people's lives in ways they didn't imagine possible. If the prospect of making a positive impact on millions of people excites you, and you enjoy working on teams with other really smart people, then we want to meet you.
location: Brighton, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
Development of electronics firmware using C/C++ and embedded C.
qualifications: Engineering requirements:
Preferred engineering skills:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the design and development of electronics firmware.
- Hands-on experience with full-stack electronics development of an ARM Cortex MCU driven product - strong emphasis on full lifecycle development of a new product - not incremental updates to legacy hardware.
- Hands-on experience with ultra-low-power microelectronics.
- Experience with RTOS and micro kernels.
- Experience with Bluetooth 4.0 or other similar wireless protocols.
- Fluency in Embedded C.
- Familiarity with electronics design software such as Cadence Allegro, Altium Designer, Mentor Graphics PADS, or equivalent.
- Strong hardware/electrical know-how. You should know how to test if your firmware is working as expected by probing the hardware (e.g., oscilloscope, logic analyzer, etc.)
- Experience executing full-stack electronics development of an ARM Cortex MCU driven BLE product, seeing it through to full commercial launch.
- Experience with the Nordic BLE line of SoC's.
- Experience with Embedded Linux and development of Kernel drivers
- Working knowledge of basic audio compression/decompression algorithms.
skills: Bluetooth, RTOS, Micro Kernals, Embedded C., C/C++, Cadence Allegro, Altium Designer, Mentor Graphics PADS, or equivalent.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.