job summary: WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Drive Revenue by consulting with application teams moving to the public cloud and adopting SecDevOps as a methodology of working.
- Education and mentoring through consulting engagements, we value teaching people to fish over fishing itself. Mentoring, paired programming, setting up a target team to be successful after we leave.
- Design, build and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services and underlying software infrastructure
- Support InfoSec scans and compliance audits
- Develop and manage build packages and deployment scripts
- Develop tools and automated solutions in support of hosted services
- Research related products and make necessary software recommendations
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- Configuration and deployment automation (with tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Linux configuration and administration
- Security automation and secure cloud computing
location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $47.20 - 59.00 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
Please see list of responsibilities.
- BS degree ; engineering/quantitative field.
- Led a major application refactoring from on-prem to cloud. Must be highly available, mission critical, 10MM in revenue dependent on application.
- Proven record of making application teams successful in migrating their application, development model and operations to public cloud friendly technologies and methodologies.
- 10+ years professional experience in application development.
- Greater than 5 years ' experience developing infrastructure in AWS and/or Azure.
- Experience building applications at scale.
- Detailed experience with Jenkins pipeline development for cloud applications.
- Long term development experience with Python, Javascipt, bash scripting, GoLang, and Powershell - An ability to analyze existing on prem applications and advise on architectural changes required to run efficiently and safely in public cloud environments.
- Familiarity with Agile processes (Kanban, SCRUM, etc).
- Previous experience (minimum 5 years) consulting experience in public cloud infrastructure and application development.
- Experience using more than cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation server.
- Experience ensuring availability for production applications.
- Experience architecting for cost in the public cloud
- Experience architecting for availability in public cloud and on prem
- Experience implementing monitoring and alerting solutions for production applications.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience working with relational databases, and distributed computing technologies.
- Understanding of operational requirements for running regulated (PCI-DSS/HIPPA, etc.) applications in public cloud
- Understanding of typical PCI and SOX Compliance or Information Security issues
skills: lead, cloud, application development, devops, jenkins
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.