A client of ours in San Antonio, TX is looking for a Sr. IT Project Manager for a 5 month contract opportunity.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Follow Agile methodology for complex software development Projects.
- Lead Scrum stand-ups, Sprint Planning Meetings, Demos & Sprint Retrospectives.
- Follow Project Management Life Cycle methodology utilizing standard templates and deliverable documents.
- Manage the design, development, and implementation of projects to include, but not limited to gathering and defining the project requirements; obtain staffing requirements; and form projected teams.
- Develop methods, procedures, and quality objectives including metrics for assessing progress; utilize established project standards, procedures, and quality objectives.
- Conduct project kickoff meetings; communicate individual roles and project expectations; ensure all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
- Develop detailed project plans and schedules.
- Provide work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work, and review of project efforts.
- Initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with Associates, team members, clients and customers.
- Participate in interactive, on-site meetings during normal business hours on a regular and predictable basis.
- Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential risk to project schedule; identify ways to resolve schedule issues; keep management current on any changes.
- Assess variances from the project plans; gathers metrics, and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Conduct formal quality assurance reviews with business sponsor during and upon project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Preferred bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination or experience and education
- Three (3) years of experience in project management
- One (1) year experience using Agile Methodology
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Requires strong organizational and presentation skills
- Information Technology (IT) knowledge
- Experience working in an application development and support environment
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and methodologies
- Skill in developing project plans and scope of work
- Ability to plan, execute, and control a project (establishing realistic estimates and reporting metrics)
- Strong proficiency using MS Project and MS Office product skills
- Knowledge/exposure to JIRA
- PMP Certification Preferred
- PMI-ACP or CSM Preferred
- Solid communication skills
- Grassroots to Go Live project experience
- Project experience successfully completed utilizing Agile (looking for at least 1 year of Agile project management experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.