Our client has a permanent opening for a systems analyst team lead who will support systems such as: SharePoint 2010 and 2016, IIS, DNS, WebLogic, Apache, Windows Server 2012/2016, and Unix. This person needs to have experience with installing, configuring, maintaining, performance/system functionality, and understand the back-end of the applications/systems.
This technical team lead will help them lead projects, help with process improvements, decision making on technologies, and help guide the team members under them. Please note that this position does not have any direct reports but will be relied upon to act as a mentor to less experienced people.
location: Memphis, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $0 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
responsibilities: The primary responsibilities, actions and outputs include:
- Define, implement, and monitor processes to improve operational efficiency.
- Deliver world class SharePoint, IIS, WebLogic and other hosting services under minimal supervision while providing a stable, reliable, functional, secure hosting environment.
- Maintain the availability, reliability, performance, monitoring, and security of the enterprise application environment.
- Collaborate with other support teams to provide management of operational processes (backups, recovery, disaster recovery, application scalability, capacity planning).
- Collaborate with other support groups to implement and enforce policies and procedures.
- Develop and facilitate process changes related to the technical infrastructure, operations, and basis administration regarding best practices, policies, and education.
- Mentor junior team members by answering technical and procedural questions and teaching improved processes.
- Work with a variety of IT stakeholders to analyze the current application hosting architecture and provide implementation plans for upgrades and deployments.
- Analyze, recommend, and collaborate on the architecture and integration in order to provide input to the application product roadmap.
qualifications: Required Knowledge and Experience:
Ø Knowledge of hosting systems and support processes including SharePoint, IIS, WebLogic and Windows 2012 and 2016.
Ø Knowledge of related support processes especially name resolution, networking protocols, firewalls, and load-balancing technologies.
Ø Working knowledge across a broad range of technologies including Windows Server 2012 and 2016, VMWare, SAN storage, Microsoft SQL server, .NET framework, XML, HTML, IIS, DNS, and Active Directory.
Ø Previous experience in hosting high-volume customer-facing applications.
Ø Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent experience preferred.
Ø 3+ years hands-on experience administering Windows OS and Unix/Linux
Ø 3+ years hands-on experience administering SharePoint 2010, 2013 or 2016
Ø 2+ years experience with backup/recovery and disaster recovery using both native features and third party products.
Ø Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
Ø Must have demonstrated past experience in the following competencies: problem solving, action oriented, customer focused, informing others, learning on the fly, motivating others, organizing, and setting priorities.
Ø Ability to execute within aggressive project timelines.
Ø Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
skills: 3+ years hands-on experience administering Windows OS and Unix/Linux
3+ years hands-on experience administering SharePoint 2010, 2013 or 2016
2+ years experience with backup/recovery and disaster recovery using both native features and third party products.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.