Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Senior Data Warehouse Engineer to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Renton area. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
location: Renton, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 86 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
Design, develop, test, and support the data warehouse solution. Adapt best practices and industry standards to the clients environment, ensuring top quality deliverables and playing an integral role in cross-functional system integration.
As a lead member in an Agile team environment, assist and deliver EDW/BI business value as defined by a Product Owner, by providing high quality and performant EDW/BI solutions. Know the business value of your work and ensure team success in meeting sprint commitments; be flexible, show initiative and develop additional skill sets to improve team capabilities and throughput.
Lead and mentor other team members in DW best practices and development processes.
- Bachelor's degree OR a minimum four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) is required.
- Minimum ten (10) or more years of information systems experience in a data warehouse/business intelligence, measurement or application development environment.
- Minimum eight (8) years of demonstrated experience in two or more of the following: data analysis; requirements gathering; data modeling; ETL; ELT, quality assurance; testing of DW systems; BI reporting.
- Expert SQL coding experience required
- Expert DB programming and performance tuning experience required
- Strong modeling experience required
- System build and maintenance experience required
- Demonstrated Leadership
- Teradata experience strongly desired
- Unix experience strongly desired
- Healthcare experience strongly desired
- Pharmacy data experience nice to have
- WhereScape experience a nice to have
- DataVault experience a nice to have
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.