job summary: Business Overview: Tell me about your department:
Seeking passionate software engineers to join our digital engineering team. A position on the team offers the opportunity to apply your talents and creative energy to deliver high performing solutions at one of the top e-commerce sites in the world.
The Browse Team works on building out capabilities that are customer focused that need to be scalable. The code that is written is used by customers daily. This is a cross functional Agile team. On this team, you will work on building the next generation of e-commerce and to help shape and drive development road maps and tools that will be used. You will have the opportunity to voice your opinions and make a real impact within the team. There are also leadership opportunities that are available for contract workers and immense opportunities for growth.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $39 - 69 per hour
work hours: 9 to 4
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Position Overview: Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for: What you will do as a Web Engineer:
What Does a Typical Day look like in the role:
- Contribute to the architecture and design of the platform to enable rapid development, autonomous testing, and innovative integrations in a continuous delivery environment.
- Use modern tools, libraries and build new ones to support customer driven e-commerce initiatives that will impact millions of people.
- Use your passion and creativity to articulate engineering strategies related to scale, performance, security, and usability.
- Use the latest web technologies: React, Redux, Async/Await, Webpack, Node.js, Openshift, AWS, Akamai, among others
Stand up in morning, retro meetings for planning in the morning, followed by hands-on, heads down coding; Meetings-2-4 hours/week
qualifications: Skills Overview: What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
- Experience with modern web technologies
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure; AWS / OpenStack
- Experience working on an agile cross-functional team.
- Solid technical communication skills with business partners and other engineer teams
skills: Skills Overview: Preferred Qualifications:
How will performance be measured:
- Experience using version control systems such as Git
- Experience with feature and issue tracking software such as Jira
- Proficiency with terminal / command line
- Experience in understanding different integration patterns and their usage during testing
- Experience deep-diving into difficult to troubleshoot issues
- Bachelors Degree
if you are completing the work and completing tickets within the agreed upon time, code quality (code reviews), pair programming ability, proactivity with your code base What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
- Clear communication, collaboration, being able to mentor and explain technical details to non-technical people. Flexibility with current state, with a driving desire to help us reach the future state. A passion for solving problems few people have solved.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.