Our client, a major distribution company in Edison is looking for a BRM in their Infrastructure department. In this role you are responsible for
- Server Platforms (Mainframes, AIX, Windows)
- Database Technologies (DB2, Oracle, SQL)
- Networking and Security
location: Edison, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
This position will act as primary liaison between the Infrastructure department and its customers both internal (within the IT division) and external (across other business units within organization.) The individual will partner with management to discuss strategic direction and identify technical and non-technical ways to support and advance business objectives. The individual will also help align and translate technical and business needs and partner with Infrastructure project managers to create project and resource plans, establish priorities, develop programs to manage business process change, monitor service delivery and business satisfaction, and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or Project Management required.
- Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) Certification Preferred.
- Ability to conceive, present and recommend investment options aligned with business strategy.
- Ability to understand and articulate business value and costs of IT services.
- Understanding of Infrastructure Functions including Development Lifecycle.
- Ability to contribute to the shaping of business demand to deliver optimal value from available technical capabilities and resources.
- Experience in the development of business and systems requirements.
- Provide transparency into ongoing requests for Infrastructure services.
- Assist in project prioritization and approval processes.
- Ensure completion of intake requirements on requests.
- Explain and support IT policies and standards.
- Continually look for ways to improve team's performance by identifying and implementing work efficiencies through process improvement techniques and employee empowerment techniques.
- Remain current on industry specific technologies and emerging trends.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.