The purpose of a Business Relationship Manager is to act as the primary liaison between business customers and the application development team to align business needs with services provided
location: Edison, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Act as the liaison to align business needs with services provided by application development team.
- Engage with the business to discuss strategic direction to identify technical and non-technical ways to support and advance the business' objectives.
- Translate business needs, by partnering with appropriate resources to create project and program charters; programs managing business process change; monitor service delivery and business satisfaction; and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Preparation of project plans and project administration.
- Develop business cases, functional requirements, and value realization for technical initiatives.
- Support for the governance processes by contributing to the prioritization of business service requests with the IT Business Manager.
- Assist business leaders with their presentations of technology requests as part of the governance processes.
- Provide transparency into ongoing business requests for IT services.
- Active in demand management, understanding project prioritization and approval processes.
- Ensure criteria is identified to provide for the measurement of the benefit realization obtained for technology related projects and included in each request.
- Explain and support IT policies and standards.
- Remain current on industry specific technologies and emerging trends.
- Perform presentations and proposals
qualifications: Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 5+ years of related experience or the equivalent combination of knowledge, experience, and training.
- Ability to conceive, present and recommend investment options in keeping with business strategy.
- Know, understand, and articulate the business value and business cost of IT services.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Ability to contribute to the shaping of business demand to deliver optimal value from available technical capabilities and resources.
- Experience in the development of business and systems requirements
- Understand the industry business model, business strategy, business processes, and operations.
- Ability to implement organizational change effectively.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and undertake forward planning.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments, and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence and Analytics platform, SAS, Cognos, and MicroStrategy is a plus.
- sBusiness Analysis experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Vendor and relationship management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels within the organization and obtain initiative support.
- Understand the company organization, roles, politics, and culture.
- Avoid the silo effect where a lack of communication can cause a change in one area of a system to adversely affect another area of the system.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.