Cisco Security Solutions (CSS) organization provides customers with the expertise to plan and deploy the right security solution for their network and operational models that leverage our continued investment in technology and people.
CSS offers advisory, managed and implementation services to help customers secure their information and operational technology.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $59.38 - 74.22 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Security Network Consulting Engineer will provide security consulting services to customers in the Implementation America's theatre focused on the US South and Global Industries territory.
The Security NCE is responsible for the support and delivery of Security Optimization Subscription (SOS), Security Design / Configuration Reviews, and Cisco Security Product Implementations.
? Individual will serve as a team member for extended engagements focused in the US Midwest+Atlantic Region (travel time of up to 50%);
? Lead customer, post-sales engagements, by taking ownership of project success and leveraging Cisco's culture of empowerment to drive customer success and positive business outcomes.
? Shape services engagements to develop mature statements of work and engage customers to identify business and technical requirements.
? Collaborate with solution experts to develop and deploy secure solutions.
? Embrace education to be a deep subject matter expert across multiple security and non-security technologies to deliver superior architectures, designs, and solution deployments.
? Responsible for finalization and delivery of reports for each consulting engagement.
? Educate and mentor customers and peers.
? Tune and optimize security solutions.
? Domestic travel up to 50% required.
Skills Required: Candidate must be a self-motivated individual that is dedicated to exceeding client expectations, be willing to contribute to team efforts, and possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills, in addition to possessing the following technical skills:
- Minimum of 5-6 years experience in the information and network security industry in addition to a BS in science, engineering, or mathematics (or additional 2 years of experience).
- Experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting network security for enterprise customers (preferably within a datacenter environment)
- Extensive experience in security configuration of network and security devices in a large enterprise environment (routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems)
- Experience as a Subject Matter EXPERT one (1) or more of the following Cisco security technologies: ISE, IPS/SourceFire, ASA, CSM, ACS, VPN, FTD, ACI, Trustec, Stealthwatch
- Detailed understanding of TCP/IP protocols
- Detailed understanding of routing protocols (OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, BGP) and layer 2 protocols and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technical account management / project management skills for delivery of professional services
- Strong consultative skills
? Experience working in professional services, preferred.
? Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) preferred.
? One (1) or more of the following industry certifications: CISSP, SANS GIAC, NSA IAM
? Experience with IT governance, risk management, and compliance programs desired.
? Master's degree in science, engineering, or mathematics desired (reduces the minimum years of experience by two (2) years).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.