Strong Writing and editing, knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud suite (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) Micorsoft Topic, research, familiarty with HTML and CSS some Administrative skills.
Job Summary :
The Instructional Designer develops and designs training materials for a broad category of stakeholders and will work with subject matter experts to develop solutions using a variety of methods for capturing information, filtering the data and applying the appropriate vehicle in which to deliver to the training, using the appropriate method of development for the training (written curriculum, e-learning, webcast, video, pre- and post-testing) for both trainer and attendee material which must meet Save Mart's mission of providing quality learning to all employees.
location: Modesto, California
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 31 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities :
- Create and update various training programs, materials, train the trainer activities, and other internal communications
- Collaborate with various subject matter experts/stakeholders in the development, editing and final stages of developing training
- Coordinate and execute the development of multimedia material including; DVD's, audio files, video files, and or web-based materials
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and launching of programs in the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Assist with the development of training programs, and training the trainer activities
- Support other projects as needed and or assigned
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) :
- Knowledge of key principles of Instructional Design, Development, and learner engagement
- Knowledge of desktop publishing and HTML 5
- Knowledge of learning outcomes based instructional design and generally accepted instructional design practices such as ADDIE, backward design, etc.
- Microsoft Office skills(PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and other eLearning programs (such as Adobe Captivate) and design software such as the Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere), or equivalent
- Interpersonal, project management, including written and oral presentation, and evaluation skills
- writing and editing skills with the ability to translate technical or complex content into language the average reader/learner can understand
- Organization and prioritization skills
skills: Job Description
- Ability to accommodate quick-turnaround projects, multiple assignments, and meet deadlines accordingly
- Knowledge of CBT (computer based training) programs offered by CLIENT and ongoing maintenance of these programs
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Ability and experience designing and developing materials for instructor-led computer, web-based, just-in-time and on-the-job (OJT) training and multi-media educational programs
- Ability to work with a Learning Management Systems (LMS) and related tools
Education: Two-year college degree or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience
Experience: Three years of related experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.