One of our Austin clients is looking to add a PostgreSQL DBA to their growing team.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
· Perform monitoring, administration, repair and maintenance of the PostgreSQL databases within the customer hosted environments
· Actively contribute to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of the production infrastructure
· Respond to service requests and troubleshoot issues as needed
· Assist with customer implementations and upgrades
· Support requests for unscheduled Database backups and restores
· Attend and actively participate in weekly meetings
· Participate in rotating 24x7 "on call" support coverage for data center related issues
· Perform maintenance related activities during scheduled weekend maintenance windows.
· Prepare and conduct system and programming tests requiring interfacing of hardware and software
· Create and update existing documentation of processes and procedures in support of administration tasks
· Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
· Participate in capacity management, expansion and growth planning
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
· 2+ years experience as a DBA in a PostgreSQL 24/7 production environment including backup recovery, replication, high availability, designing and managing schema, monitoring diagnosing and optimizing database performance
· Ability to detect and troubleshoot database-related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space, and other resource contention issues
· Working knowledge of Linux - ability to write scripts
· Must be able to exercise judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action
· Must have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment
· Familiarity with Agile Development Practices
· Knowledge of high availability, disaster recovery and replication solutions and best practices
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Certifications or an interest in pursuing certification is a plus.
skills: PostgreSQL, database-related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space, Agile, disaster recovery
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.