As a Product Manager, you are responsible for defining how your piece of the portfolio will meet the needs of customers and prospects as they implement Business Continuity Planning to successfully manage the business impact of adverse events. You will build solutions based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
location: Wayne, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
We are looking for someone who possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer challenges and find innovative solutions for the broader market. As a Product Manager, you are expected to be a thought leader for the solutions you develop, both internally at ASI and externally.
To be successful in this role, formal training and knowledge of product management and/or business continuity planning is highly desired.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with the software development team, using an agile software development framework, to create user stories and deliver software functionality. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the sales channel and key customers.
- You are a hardworking, competitive type that is driven to succeed.
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent.
- You enjoy being a thought-leader, working with customers and industry leaders.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Prepare and present business cases for developing new solutions.
- Work with the software development team to create and manage user stories through the software life-cycle.
- Track and maintain performance metrics for new product and service launches.
- Work with Product Marketing to maintain and provide content for product related collateral and sales tools.
- Participate in various Sales Support activities, including: product and services training, seminars and documentation, and pre- and post-sales customer visit.
- Develop and maintain channel, delivery, and partner relationships.
- Support RFP responses as needed.
- Prior experience in software product management or experience in developing business continuity plans.
- Strategic thinker who blends technology and business strategy to develop a compelling vision for the solutions and services.
- Bachelor's degree (preference in Computer Science/Engineering or Business).
- Familiarity with Pragmatic Marketing framework.
- Excellent coordination skills including the ability to effectively partner across functional teams with the goal of developing a common point of view.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills, specific to market place, operational process and finance.
- Ability to travel - up to 20% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.