As part of the Customer Facing Applications team, this individual will have technical enablement responsibility for our site search platform and delivering optimal site search experience in addition to other customer facing applications. The individual will analyze business and data source requirements to deliver quality, enterprise-scale technical solutions.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Deployment and ongoing tuning of search platform to improve defined metrics with site search and potentially other customer facing applications.
- Analyzes system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between affected components and sub systems.
- Analyzes search platform system and data requirements, including identifying appropriate interfaces, and works with other functional and technical to implement.
- Lead assigned projects, including assigning tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance across cross functional teams and third party resources.
- May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
- Participates in system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements and flow charts.
- Assists in preparing project plans using project management tools.
- Reviews test results; documents test activities, and records remedial actions.
qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
- Overall 7 years of IT technical experience working in enterprise level environments.
- Experience with Lucidworks Fusion
- Strong experience with SOLR
- SQL knowledge, including general database knowledge; database design and development including tables, indexes, stored procedures, triggers, and functions
- Experience with Opentext Content Management Systems
- Experience with IBM WebSphere Commerce
- XML knowledge required, including XPath and XML document experience
- Strong project management skills with lead experience with multiple search platform implementations
- Strong experience installing, implementing, configuring and tuning search platforms
- Experience analyzing content sources and developing/configuring integration.
- Experience working with secure content
- Effective communication skills with technical and non-technical staff
- Professional, responsible, and solid work ethic.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.