Responsible for the product planning and execution of one or more products throughout its lifecycle, including: defining the product vision, developing roadmaps, gathering and prioritizing requirements, and working closely with engineering, business, support, and industry participants to ensure business objectives and customer satisfaction goals are met.
location: Rockville, Maryland
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Work with Developers and UX Designers to deliver a compelling product that solves the critical business problems and delights end-users.
- Guide and support the project team during development to ensure that business goals are achieved.
- Drive continual product improvements based on ongoing customer research and usability studies.
- Prioritize a product backlog based upon business impact and effort; help make resource tradeoff decisions as needed.
- Develop product vision and roadmaps, and assist in budgeting and the preparation of business cases
important for the person to have sound product ideas and be able to articulate them to both technical audience (delivery team) and the end users and stakeholders (business groups). To be successful as a product managers, we need to understand what it takes to build software, and be able to source our own data to validate product hypothesis. So
light SQL querying would be helpful. Desire to learn them helpful too. Otherwise they won't be able to make product decisions, full blown scripting or coding not required. Qualifications:
- Bachelor?s degree in business, IT, or other related discipline.
- Master?s degree preferred.
- 5-7 years in Product Management, Engineering or Product Marketing..
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to use sound judgment when resolving complex problems.
- Well organized, thorough, and able to handle competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships that improved the quality of work products.
- Proficient at technical business writing, including functional requirement specifications, workflows, use-cases and other documentation methodologies.
skills: Must Haves:
- Make right product decisions/Know what to build
- Have data-supported opinions.
- Have curiosity for the users of the system
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.