Help Desk Agent
The Help Desk Analyst provides support for basic incident resolution and requests reported to the division service desk. Responsibilities include initial assessment, triage, research, and resolution of basic incidents and requests regarding the use of application software products and/or infrastructure components. The Help Desk Analyst is responsible for collecting information through a customer conversation, accessing support tools, KB articles and additional support staff (service resources) if needed. Problems beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility are resolved by engaging or escalating the issue to the appropriate resource group for expedient resolution and the highest level of customer service.
location: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $14 - 15 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: High School
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Addresses and resolves basic incidents and requests; logs all incidents and requests; engages other service desk resources or appropriate service resources to resolve incidents that are beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility.
- Identifies and uses the appropriate priority levels for logging incidents and requests to set criticality level and to engage the proper team(s) for resolution.
- Creates a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude.
- Ensures the end-to-end customer experience and provides a single point-of-contact for the customer.
- Documents resolutions and updates self-help and staff knowledge bases.
- Grows general knowledge of current corporate, division, and facility-specific products, increasing ability to resolve requests on first contact.
- Provides after hours and on-call support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Specific Client Job Responsibilities:
- Provisions, maintains, and removes security privileges for users of client applications and systems.
- Provides Tier 1 support for off the shelf, business applications as well as proprietary applications used by the customer(s).
- Works with members of the Customer's teams and other workgroups within IT on projects and initiatives as needed.
- Demonstrates ability and desire to learn Business and/or Production specific applications, technology, and terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to learn customer support processes and techniques.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Customer Service Centric (Personable, Enjoys helping others)
- Works as part of a Team
Monday-Friday 10am to 6pm; Sunday-Thursday 10am to 6pm
- Competency in call center tracking tools
- Prior experience supporting customers in use of application software.
- Proficiency in using support software tools.
- Customer service orientation and/or prior customer service training.
- Strong understanding of general, security-related procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.