Our client in Sterling, VA is looking for a performance engineer to join their team. They are looking for a senior resource who can help create automation scripts from scratch and is well versed in performance canter and load runner.
location: Sterling, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Responsible for planning and designing new performance testing software and web applications that supports a major line of business. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity. Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance metrics. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to plans and schedules, identify delivery risks, and obtain/drive mitigation strategies and solutions
- Test cases, Use cases, Python scripting for JAVA middleware development, REST, Json, Jenkins, Splunk, Swagger
- Define and execute relevant business scenarios to satisfy real-world business needs.
- Define and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Collect and analyzes data for software process evaluation and improvements, and integrates them into business processes to address the needs of the business.
- Responsible for developing and executing formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications. Involved in test planning, writing test cases/scripts, test case automation and test execution.
- Document all problems and assists in their resolution.
- Deliver quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners.
- Perform quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar. Or equivalent work experience.
- 5-8 years of overall QA testing experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of hand-coded Python scripting experience.
- MUST have automated testing experience
- QA testing JAVA is required
- 3+ years of Windows software QA and testing experience in an agile environment using the scrum framework
- Experience with test case management tools (TestRail)
- Experience with API testing
- Familiarity with media planning and buying workflows and/or software systems
- Ability to function well within their team, working with POs, BAs, developers, and other team members.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, with a high standard of quality
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to quickly shift priorities and adapt to change
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.