Our client in Sterling, VA is looking for strong business analysts that have experience working within a cloud environment. Responsible for the gathering and documentation of business requirements that will serve as the basis for software development. The business analyst will support the efforts of the Requirements Lead to gather detailed business requirements and fully document them in the form of agile epics, features, and user stories. The BA will also be responsible for any additional supporting documentation that is needed to supplement those backlog items.
location: Sterling, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Detailed Description:
- Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities.
- Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications.
- Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise's competitive edge.
- Support and run UAT demo's with key users on a regular basis
- Maintain effective business and field communications and relationships
- Manage project document repository
- Great Team player and coordinator, who can work with management and as well as stake holders
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field.
- Typically has 4 - 6 years of relevant technical or business work experience.
- Demonstrated project / program management experience and expertise
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a very dynamic/fast paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills required
- Planning, prioritizing and organizational skills required
- Effective meeting facilitation, planning and management skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to present the project results and progress to the stakeholders
- Strong technical skills to translate the business requirements to developers as needed
- Ability to work with BA's to document and maintain business and technical requirements
- Strong knowledge and experience working in an agile software delivery framework (e.g. scrum)
skills: Nice to have:
- Experience in Cable/Telecommunications industry preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge with JIRA
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.