The Windows System Administrator will be part of a team that provides 24X7 Windows system administration and will have a strong technical background with experience working on medium to large sized teams.
location: Duluth, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 33 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Provide administrative support for Windows servers (2003, 2008 R2, 2012) in a highly available, 24x7 enterprise environment
- Work across several teams to restore service rapidly during an incident
- Understanding of typical IT support-oriented service level agreements and how to achieve SLA results
- Analyze the root cause of incidents through problem management process
- Identify opportunities for system automation and process improvement
- Create in-depth documentation of processes and system configuration; using Visio, knowledge management tools, Remedy
- Provide and receive cross training from immediate support team
- Drive Continual Service Improvement for ongoing issues
- The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent job related experience.
- Zero to two years of work experience including supporting Windows servers to include but not limited to the following:
- Automation a strong plus - Systems Center Orchestrator, Powershell, Scripting, HPOO
- Experience with the Microsoft System Center Suite with an emphasis on SCCM, SCOM, and SCORCH (configuration, management, and automation)
- Advanced Server OS troubleshooting / debugging or SysInternals tools
- Performance tuning, and crash dump analysis
- In-depth understanding of storage and networking technologies
- VMware (4.x, 5.x) Experience
- MS SQL Failover Clustering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.