- Responsible for directing and managing the application hosting operations; provides leadership and planning to ensure resources are utilized appropriately to meet client objectives.
- Direct the resources to perform defined activities in support of data center hosting
location: Elkridge, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $42 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Direct activities and resources to perform incident management; change management, monitoring, server patching and software engineering changes.
- Create and maintain project schedule and work closely with the client counterparts to coordinate tasks to deliver projects.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, meet customer expectations and add value.
- Direct the research and analysis and project management functions associated with applications hosting, providing expert information system knowledge to clients in order to support of strategic goals.
- Direct and manages staff including hiring, performance management and assessment, development, mentoring, training, and staff budgets.
- Provide knowledge and support in conjunction with the IT executive staff to assist Xerox and client executive management with strategic planning.
- Perform as backup service delivery manager as needed
- Responsible for direct reports
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related field and a minimum 8 years management experience or total equivalent experience.
- PMP Certification.
- Demonstrated skills/experience with success in managing high volume, mission critical IT project portfolios, systems, strategic planning, contract negotiation/maintenance, metrics and reporting.
- Experience demonstrating knowledge and understanding of IT operations, business process optimization and Software Development methodologies.
- 4-8 years prior experience in working/managing Web based applications. Current environments include J2EE, ETL, Java, AJAX, OOA&D, UML, RUP, Apache, MS SQL, DB2, Windows, RedHat Linux.
- 1-2 years of managing applications with the cloud environment (AWS, Azure).
- 5 years working in complex environments; large databases, multi-tiered application structure.
skills: - Strong customer service orientation, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to motivate and persuade others.
- Excellent strategic thinking and planning skills and the ability to develop and implement plans.
- Ability to identify priorities and achieve results with a sense of urgency and give honest straightforward opinions on related issues.
- As a Leader, demonstrate equal amounts of results orientation, ability to lead people, and be willing to contribute ideas/opinions and take risks, where appropriate.
- As a Project Manager, strive to develop and train staff, encourage a team approach and cross-functional teamwork to serve the best interests of the client and the organization.
- Prior health and human services experience; Experience at a manager level with a major consulting firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.