Jr. Web Developer
A client of ours in San Antonio, Texas is looking for a Web Developer for a direct hire opportunity.
The Web Developer is responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of features, data management systems, and technical administration and its websites as directed by the Director of Ecommerce.
This includes the programming, testing, debugging, documentation, installation, and administration of programs that enhance .com client/server software applications.
The Web Developer thus supports the company's entire internet presence, from UI/UX design to back end server/application administration and security.
This includes the support of all technology initiatives relating to ecommerce sales, search advertising, social media and email marketing, and data warehousing and analytics.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $48,000 - 52,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Program, support, and maintain the structure supporting Ace Mart's websites and online marketing initiatives;
- Research, recommend, and plan for upgrades and new implementations in web technology;
- Develop opportunities to lower costs through increased efficiencies by leveraging automation technologies;
- Evaluate 3rd party products/component technologies for profitable integration into our technology infrastructure;
- Coordinate directly with marketing strategists, graphic designers, analysts, and other parties to modify and/or produce new web shopper user experiences that increase conversions;
- Assist in planning our overall web presence strategy;
- Oversee the backend technical components of our ecommerce applications;
- Perform web server and application security analysis and maintenance;
- Design and produce new applications for internal users in support of marketing and sales data analysis;
- Other duties as assigned by the Web Store Supervisor.
- Degree in Web Development, Computer Science, Communication, or related field;
- Minimum 2 years prior experience in ecommerce business, technology, or related fields, preferably building and managing shopping cart-enabled commercial websites;
- Familiarity with the problems faced by knowledge-based systems using the web as a delivery medium
- Technical Skills:
- A current, in-depth understanding and practical application of the following technologies/concepts is required:
- LAMP stack, with heavy emphasis on:
- *nix utilities (crontab, shell scripts, etc);
- Apache configuration and access control;
- MySQL database administration and development;
- Advanced PHP development and debugging;
- Web/network security protocols, DNS, and server administration;
- DOM and BOM conventions;
- A working understanding of the following concepts is highly desirable:
- AJAX client-side technologies;
- SOAP/RESTful services;
- Fundamentals of modern/responsive web design;
- Familiarity with the following concepts is ideal:
- HTML/JS/CSS frameworks and libraries (Bootstrap, LESS, Node, etc);
- Agile Software Development methodology;
- Cloud computing
- CMS development and administration;
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Soft skills and Abilities:
- Strong web design and programming skills with no dependence on WYSIWYG HTML editors and web development software
- Strong analytical, technical and documentation skills
- Strong reasoning, logic and creative problem solving skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong UX/UI design and planning skills
- Ability to exercise sound and ethical business judgment in evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, administrative, or technical nature
- Comfortable with limited decision-making authority for carrying out assigned responsibilities
- Ability to comprehend, develop, and retain new and complex practices and concepts
- Highly self-motivated and willing to take personal initiative
- Highly productive and efficient with excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Comfortable working in a team-oriented environment
- Go getter
- Can work in an open, collaborative environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.