Reporting to the Web Analytics Supervisor, you will be responsible for working with a portfolio of internal clients across Marketing, Sales and Product Management to assist in defining and implementing measurement and conversion strategies that align with business objectives. You will own web analytics reporting and analysis efforts for the Communications & Collaboration Business Unit, our largest BU.
You're a self-professed data geek who wants to work in a fast-paced environment in a highly visible role which includes flexing your analytics muscle in top tier analytics tools creating and sharing web and marketing KPI dashboards paired with recommended actions, A/B testing, and implementing segmentation/personalization efforts.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
- This is a hands-on analytics role. This is not a pure analytics position but has an eye towards design, customer experience, and site performance
- Ability to work effectively with a cross functional team and have a high degree of self-management. This person must own the web and marketing analytics portion of the C&C Business Unit from top to bottom
- Provide ad hoc analyses to gain insights into user behavior and business trends
- Utilize data to generate innovative ideas and hypotheses to drive the testing that will result in incremental revenue and enhanced user experience
- Design and execute web measurement and reporting strategy; create dashboards and performance summary reports for various stakeholders and executive management.
- Identify A/B testing opportunities and analyze tests in conjunction with the testing manager and developers.
- Build and effectively communicate data stories to executives and key stakeholders via presentations, written summaries, and data visualizations
- 5+ years of Analytics experience with focus on in-depth analytics and reporting
- Strong written and spoken communication skills that can be tailored to both the executive or technical stakeholder
- Experience working with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Experience working with a tag management tool like Tealium a plus
- Experience with CMS (like SiteCore), data mining (like Tableau/SQL) and A/B test tools (like Optimizely) are a plus
- Understanding of basic web development philosophies around organizing and structuring of web analytics code
- Knowledge of or familiarity with online marketing; measurement, ad serving, and media buying
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment while adhering to strict deadlines
- High attention to detail and efficient problem solver while being able to thrive in a multi-task environment
- Possess an intense curiosity-a passion for deeply exploring a problem, find the questions at its heart and distilling them into a very clear set of hypotheses that can be tested
- Able to find a story in a data set and provide a coherent narrative about a key data insight, including how this impacts both customers and the business as a whole
skills: The perfect candidate wants to go beyond traditional reporting and clearly communicate actionable insights to marketing leadership and key executive stakeholders that will facilitate change and drive improved business outcomes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.