The engineer is responsible for Network design for products for external company customers as part of a team. This includes the physical and logical design of the Network components in a multi-tenant data center. These components include (but are not limited to) heavy IP design, switching, routing load-balancing and route selection systems as well as establishing network fail-over capabilities between components. This includes both in-house and telecommunication provided capabilities. Knowledgeable with NAT schemes is a must. The engineer must provide detailed schematics of their design and work with other engineers to provide an overall topology.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $62 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Responsible for making technology decisions as they relate to the overall network architecture and associated technologies. This includes (but is not limited to) the IP design & possibly creating schemes to resolve IP & route conflicts, switching, routing protocols, load-balancing and route selection technologies that may include VRF and policy-based routing, policy-based load-balancing, etc.
- The applicant must be able to work with and lead a team of engineers as well as work with other teams such as system architects, system administrators and hardware support groups.
- Responsible for making solid design recommendations on subjects that include redundancy, diversity, failover technologies and expandability as it relates to the network architecture, as well as providing direction and recommendations concerning touch-points. This may also include establishing test criteria and validating the technology and/or product. Once technology selections have been made, the engineer is responsible to testing, deployment as well as training operations personnel as part of a turn-over.
- All designs, technology selections, etc. must be properly documented by the engineer with the help from a technical writer.
- The candidate must have extensive experience with IP designs, in a multi-tenant and multi-data center environment with fail-over & high available capabilities. He/She must have solid experience with IP designs, NAT, IP routing protocols (EIGRP & BGP), Cisco products, Cisco IOS and similar operating systems. The candidate must have experience with server load-balancing systems, such as Cisco CSS or ACE, Foundry Server Irons or similar products.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 6-8 years' experience in support of a complex mission critical facility and the associated team.
- Candidate must have experience with Cisco Catalyst switch line of products.
- Experience with Cisco VSS technology is a plus.
- Experience with the Cisco Nexus switching products a plus.
- Experience with the HP Network Automation tool is a plus.
- Experience with designing high-available networks, including both system and component level redundancy and the associated technologies to accomplish HA.
- Experience with layer 2 technologies.
- Experience with establishing vendor and/or service selection criteria to make product and other technology related selections and document the entire process as well as present the selection to a committee of peers.
- Experience with technology or feature testing in a lab and other environments.
- Experience working in a structured environment that requires change control processes in accordance with company policies, for execution of implementations and changes to the network environment, as it relates to the installation of the data center network.
- Experience with creating, updating and coordinating the implementation plan for all network related items.
- Experience providing connectivity to systems from one data center to another, involving IP design, NAT scheme, routing scheme and overall architecture.
- Knowledge of firewall technology also is a must.
- Experience with data center networking in a virtualized server environment (VMWare) is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.